Today we ask Congress to hold a hearing on #diabetes
Please let your Representatives in Washington know how #diabetes affects us all.
The American Diabetes Association says:
- Nearly 30 million Americans living with diabetes and 86 million more at risk of developing it.
- The total estimated cost of diagnosed diabetes in 2012 is $245 billion, including $176 billion in direct medical costs and $69 billion in reduced productivity.
And ask your Rep to help. How? Hold a hearing on #diabetes and address these questions:
- Why aren’t #diabetes prevention programs covered by Medicare?
- Why aren’t #diabetes educators covered by Medicare?
- Why aren’t #CGMs covered by Medicare? #HearingDiabetesVoices